Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Soaring" Mixed Media Project


This mixed media collage is being applied to a 12x12 inch finished artist canvas and will be ready to hang as is, unframed, when complete. It is currently a work in progress and will eventually be available for purchase.

It is incomplete as shown, and will feature a woman newly soaring into her life, creativity, Self. She carries an egg, a symbol of her potential. Watching is a young woman (bottom left) perhaps ready to embark on her own journey to Self, longing to be free and questioning the validity of her longing, as well as two more traditional, stoic onlookers (bottom right) averse to change and anything different from the norm. The collaged text that makes up the backgrounds, hundreds upon hundreds of words, reflects the thoughts and feelings of these three factions.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very ambitious project, and it looks to be coming along quite well. I find myself hoping that the main focus doesn't cover up too much of the intricate background. ;)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Divine Synchrondipity said...

Yes, it's taken quite a bit of time, and so far I'm very pleased with it. I haven't settled on a body for my main figure, and my hesitation may be connected to the concern you mentioned. Right now, as it is, all of the applied text is visible except what is under her head and hands. I plan to paint/write words in the wavy blue area, and perhaps her body can extend into that rather than cover more text... You've got me thinking again.

Thank you for your thoughts. :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Very lovely- I also love your piece below with the flames of love re-igniting. I took a tour of your faux finish and see how your work all relates. Lovely finishes and very romantic settings are a feature of your interior design and your own work. Love to have more info on how you soften a wall like faux felt?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Divine Synchrondipity said...

Hi Barbara. I visited your web page--very nice, interesting work! And I envy your ability to paint such detail on your jewelry. I passed the age of 40 and suddenly lost that ability, and I do love detail.

I'm pleased you like the faux work as well. (Yes, I definitely feel art/faux/mixed media all run nicely together!)

Regarding your question, email me and maybe I can help you come up with a way to achieve the effect you are looking for... intothewoods61@yahoo.com

Best wishes...

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home